More and more we are told that the rights of (mostly) males to identify themselves into whatever/previously/restricted/to/female they please , is a “civil rights” movement , equivalent to that of homosexuals .
Well no , and if it has to be broken down into numbered bullet points …then…
1. Until recently , homosexual couples were not allowed to marry . This placed many unable to afford or be afforded the same legal protections – for they or their children – as heterosexual couples . Affording those rights in no way impinged upon those of heterosexual marriages .
2. Nobody – after equal marriage – is stopping those who identify as trans from marrying , as heterosexual and homosexual couples now have equal rights to marry , and this does NOT require a gender recognition certificate , even though the lack of one will result in the trans spouse’s birth sex – rather than gender identity – being recorded .
3. It was previously extremely deleterious[and often still is] to the careers of sportsmen and women to be openly homosexual , never mind that this in no way effected their performance , or impinged on the safety , participation or inclusion of heterosexual sportspersons /teammates /opponents .
4. Conversely , it is extremely deleterious to the inclusion , career progression and participation – particularly in women’s teams and leagues – and impinges on their safety [particularly in contact sports such as AFL or MMA] when male born and ergo male bodied individuals are allowed to participate as women , and there are many examples providing ample proof of this .
5. Homosexual individuals rarely endanger members of their own sex in facilities such as lavatories or changing rooms , where importuning does occur , it is arguably more risky for those importuning , than those approached . There is no record of female homosexuals posing any risk to members of their own sex, little more of their being endangered likewise .
6. Where members of one biological sex have been allowed to share such facilities with those of the opposite – be they transgender or not – sexual attacks have proliferated . While only a very small % of such public facilities are “gender neutral” , > more than 90% of such offences occurred within such – as opposed to sex segregated facilities – with the vast majority of victims being female . (All figures available from MOJ website )
It is clear , then , that there is little or no parallel between the homosexual civil rights movement , and the so-called “equivalent “ claimed by trans activists . In order for homosexuals to be granted the same dignities , rights , and safeties and heterosexuals , no single heterosexual right was lost , no heterosexual restricted or endangered .
Conversely – and noting a cruel irony within , on two levels – affording members of one sex [regardless of gender identity ] un-restricted access to facilities previously exclusive of them , not only impinges on the safety and rights of the opposite sex , but may endanger transgendered individuals as well.
Because if anyone can identify into anyone’s space , anyone WILL. Nefarious men have always , do , and always WILL, utilise whatever means at their disposal to prey on the vulnerable . And that will include the transgendered , as well as women and girls . Likewise , no less nefarious men will view all transgendered individuals as potential predators , creating a backlash .
They are not “the same “ , and those claiming to have any interest the rights of the transgendered , need to how , and why. “The path to hell is paved with good intentions “ is a saying for a reason , people .